Southern African nation, Zambia has announced the lifting of COVID-19 travel restrictions with immediate effect. The information was contained in a press release addressed to the Director-General of Zambia Department of Immigration, Dr. Japhet Lishomwa.
Dated March 21, 2023, the press release which was issued by Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI) and signed by the Director-General of ZNPHI, Professor Roma Chilengi, reads as follow:
“It is with immediate effect that all COVID-19 travel related restrictions for entry into Zambia are lifted. All travelers to Zambia will no longer be required to show proof of vaccination, recovery or testing against COVID-19.
“While we continue to detect cases of COVID-19 in Zambia, the incidence is very low. We also note that the COVID-19 is still detected worldwide. To prevent and control COVID-19, the most sustainable way remains vaccination.
“Therefore, while we have lifted the need to provide evidence of vaccination or negative disease status, we encourage everyone to be vaccinated.”
Located in Southern Africa, Zambia is home of the Victoria Falls, a UNESCO World heritage site and one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World – the only one in Africa. The country enjoys a tropical climate – offering a ‘passport’ to sunshine all year round.
Zambia is an award winning destination with a list of accolades:
- Most peaceful country in Africa (Global Peace Index (2015),
- Listed in the Top 10 of the 50 destinations that will be ‘hot’ in the next 10 years (Business Insider),
- Top three fastest growing destinations in the world (UNWTO),
- Surprising places billionaires would like to visit in 2016/2017 (Forbes Magazine 2016),
- Second most attractive destination for French travellers in 2016 (Liloga.com),
- Listed in 11 amazing ways to experience Africa from the air (CNN.com),
- Top 10 Best swimming pools in the world – the ‘Devils Pool’ (Trip Advisor)
Blessed with awe-inspiring natural wonders, a plethora of wildlife, huge bodies of water and vast open spaces, Zambia offers unforgettable holidays exploring the real Africa.