- Summit is set to facilitate the progress of Sub-Saharan Africa’s hospitality markets
- Buyer/Supplier/Speaker/Operator/Investor registrations are now open
The 6th Annual Hotelier Summit South Africa aims at adding value, and supporting the collaborative progress of the hospitality sector, primarily in Sub-Saharan Africa, by offering various networking opportunities, innovative product showcasing, enabling participants to build targeted connections and exchange information. In addition, the conference agenda will offer insights into the current trends in the hospitality industry and outline action plans that are adaptable to the ever-evolving marketplace.
- The growth drivers for the hotel sector in Africa include improving fiscal management, favourable demographics (a population of 1.1billion), rapid urbanization, a growing middle class, rich commodity and energy resources, considerable investment in infrastructure and increased tourism.
- The expanding economy and increased regional trade will drive business tourism and hotel sector demand. Tourist numbers are projected to increase by 7% per annum in Africa, compared to 3.2% globally, up to 2030. JLL projects hotel demand to increase at a rate of 5% per annum between 2018 and 2020, yet the body notes that this growth varies across the continent with certain countries on a higher growth trajectory, whilst other markets are contracting.
- JLL forecasts 5% annual supply growth in North Africa and an average annual supply growth of 3.5% in Sub-Saharan Africa. This equates to USD 2.1 billion in new hotel investment in 2018, rising to USD 2.4 billion in 2019 and USD 2.7 billion in 2020. Investment is driven by local and regional players who account for at least 75% of hotel investment in the region. Global capital is, however, increasingly taking note of the opportunity and is assessing its optimal entry point.
- JLL noted that 46% of investors are pursuing hotel developments, while 17% are looking only at acquisitions, while 37% are seeking both. This is reflective of the emergent nature of hotel real estate in Africa. From a development perspective, target IRRs are in the range of 16% to 25% and capitalization rates are in the range of 8% – 12%. This equates a target investment yield premium of 30% to 40% compared to global averages.
The Director of International Sales at Hypnos Limited had this to say about last year’s event, “The success of this “speed-dating” concept relies completely on the quality of the buyers who attend. The quality of companies and projects represented were excellent! The event was well organized and the IDE team made sure that we met with as many buyers as was physically possible! I regard this event as a great success and we will certainly attend future events.”
Here’s is an overview of the summit:
- One-To-One Meetings: A unique opportunity to interact one-to-one with decision makers of companies and the chance to seal the deal at the summit
- Connect and Get Connected: An effectively structured networking gamification designed to find new business leads and references and develop strategic relationships with key investors and prospective partners. This unique activity will see a nexus of networking, technology and business.
- Hotelier Experience Centre: A paradigm shift in product showcasing, the Hotelier Experience Center will allow clients to showcase their products and services in its natural environment and help partner with world-class hotel operator brands.
- Project Showcase: A dedicated space to exhibit products and work with renowned project owners and developers.
- Keynote Address: Hear from the top speakers who are experts in the industry about the trends and challenges faced in the hospitality sector and finding solutions for the same. Also, gain knowledge and insights from profound speeches and presentations.
- Panel Discussions: An interactive Q&A session comprising expert panellists and prequalified buyers and suppliers collaboratively addressing challenges faced in the industry
- Sponsor Presentation: Garner the interest of leading investors and partners in the audience through a presentation to showcase your unique product or service
- Hospitality Leaders Industry Choice Awards (HLICA): A one-of-a-kind award that aims to applaud the success and achievements of the hospitality industry, as nominated and awarded through votes by the hospitality fraternity. HLICA will celebrate 15 categories of hospitality excellence in Africa.
To know more about the summit, visit: http://hotelierseries.com/africa/index.php
About the company: IDE Global is an emerging leader in the B2B business oriented summit realm and committed to creating value for each and every client by delivering remarkable experiences that build businesses.
For more information:
Email: [email protected]
Call: +44 129 2800021
Advertorial by IDE Global