Badagry Diaspora Festival
Badagry Festival is an annual event held in Badagry, a town in Lagos State, Nigeria. … The festival creates a platform in Nigeria of those from the African diaspora to reunite with their motherland.
The event reflects the significance of the ancient town during the slave trade era. It is a convergence of culture and display of African heritage.
One of the major highlights is the artistic display by masquerades, dancers, and fire eaters, the beating of Sato drum, and Liberation Day Celebration.
Event Dates: 14th – 19th October, 2019
- Attending All Activates
- Airport Transfers
- Transfers and All Entrance Fees to Historical Places
- English Speaking guide
- International Flight
- Personal Expenses
- Drinks (Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic)
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
1 month before travel date, there will be a full payment refund minus bank charges.
2 weeks before travel date, 50% charges will be made.
Less than 2 weeks to travel date, 100% charges will be made.
NOTE: Rates and room availability are subject to change without notice.
Terms and Conditions apply!
- Door of return (Rite of Passage) ceremony
- Historic visit to the palace of the king of Badagry
- Adoption of African names (optional)
- Fitila procession
- African night/Cultural night
- Footprint ceremony
- Visit to heritage sites
- Heritage museum
- Point of no return
- Brazilian Barracoon (Slave cell)
- Mobee slave relics museum
- Slave Market