Welcome to Zambia
Zambia is a landlocked country in southern Africa, with a population of less than 15 million people.
The beautiful country of Zambia opens up like Pandora’s box and you enter to find one of the most spectacular scenes in the world. A blatant display of nature’s wonders through the amazing wildlife, birds and array of fishes.
Accredited as one of the safest places to visit in the world; it has one of the best game parks and has the biggest water resource in Africa comprising of many rivers (including the Zambezi River), 5 lakes and the majestic Victoria Falls that it shares with Zimbabwe.
Riveting sunsets, seventeen waterfalls that offer numerous adrenaline-pumping activities, thrilling safaris and many interesting traditional festivals if you meet one at the time of your travel. All these and more make Zambia a perfect holiday destination.
Destinations in Zambia
Kitwe lies at an altitude of 1295m and it is the very heart of the Copperbelt. Located at a distance...
Also known as Maramba, Livingstone is regarded as the Adventure capital of Southern...
Lusaka started out as a small village located at Manda Hill, close to the spot where...
Ndola was founded as a BOMA (British Overseas Management Area) and trading post by...
- Official nameRepublic of Zambia
- LocationZambia is a landlocked country in Southern Africa neighboring the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the north, Tanzania to the northeast, Malawi to the east, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia to the south, and Angola to the west
- Dialing code+260
- Climate weatherSubtropical to Humid
- Population14,638,505 on 752,618 km
- Official languageEnglish
- Other major languagesBembe, Njanja, Tonga
- CurrencyZambian Kwacha (ZMW).
- Foreign currencies acceptedUSD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa required (takes less than 7 days to process); online visa application available; Yellow Fever Certiﬁcate is required only for travelers coming from or who are in airport transit for more than 12 hours within a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission. NOTE : The Kaza Visa might be a better option.(For more information, visit - www.zambiatourism.com).
- What to knowTourists on an itinerary to both Zambia and Zimbabwe can take advantage of the newly announced Kaza Visa, a uni-visa which gives the holder access to both countries. the Kaza Visa costs US$50 and lasts a month.