Welcome to Western Sahara
At this region Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic and Morocco share the biggest part of this North African great fascination. Western Sahara is well characterized by some of the rocky landscapes and one of the expansive sand dunes you will never experience anywhere else. Although located in the sub-Saharan desert the sites that are charming for every new traveler makes this part of the world an amazing tourist destination. The Atlantic coastline adds to its mix of plenty, coastal views that are spectacular and breath taking also contributing to the vastness of this region. The popularity of Western Sahara emerges from the fact that it is full of exotic deserts, natural features and amazing history that goes handy with diverse culture.
On the north of Western Sahara, the camel grass landscapes are dominated with the Sahara sand dunes that stand out spectacularly. Here the locals refer to these landscapes, as the “Humada” this mazing stretch of landscapes is soul-steering scenery to experience out here in Western Sahara. It holds some of the cliffs, valleys, rocks and plant life adapted to the desert.
The capital of Western Sahara is Laayoune; this city is the most beautiful place in the north, standing covered in pale shades of orange and pink cover and wall paintings that display the beauty of the city. The streets offer a great viewing art that clearly depicts the colonial era in its most outrageous state.
The country is among tourist destinations that offer more than you can imagine, its history is well shown on the art and the great prehistoric sites that exist in this North African country. Western Sahara is a place worth taking a trip to experience world greatest fascination.
Destinations in Western Sahara
Laayoune, also spelt El-Aaiún, is a city located in the desert of the Western Sahara. Established in the 1930s by the Spaniard, the city earned popularity between 1940 and 1976 when the Spaniards administered the territory as its Spanish Sahara. At this time, it was...
- Official nameWestern Sahara
- LocationWestern Sahara is located in Maghreb region of North Africa. It is bordered by Morocco to the north, Algeria to the extreme northeast, Mauritania to the east and south, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west
- Dialing code+212
- Climate weatherDesert/Hot
- Population554,795 on 266,000 km²
- Official languageArabic
- Other major languagesHassaniya Arabic, Moroccan Arabic and Spanish
- CurrencyMoroccan Dirham (MAD)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($), Algerian Dinar (DZD), Mauritanian Ouigiya (MRO)
- Entry requirementsMoroccan visa required