Welcome to Senegal
Senegal is located on the western part of Africa. Though sunny as it may seem the unique extend of its coastline is a major tourist aspect. The coastline stretches about 350 miles across the Atlantic Ocean; this massive stretch is a major resort for vacation in a sunny beach that sprawls with black and white soul steering beaches. Senegal also has exclusive inland tourist attractions which ranges from amazing parks; which are inhabited by numerous wildlife, prehistoric sites and spectacular landscapes that stand formidably on this West African country.
Senegal has a great cultural heritage that dates back to the early colonial days. This great heritage is displayed by the massive mosques and historic sites that show richness and diversity of the Senegalese culture. Across Senegal, numerous fishing villages that extend even to the beaches are a great attraction feature.
This country holds a vast array of wild animals in its numerous parks. If you love wildlife Senegal would be such a good destination to plan your safari to. Senegal has one of the main bird sanctuaries in the world that contains about 1.5 million of varied bird species.
The Goree Island located off the coast of Senegal offers one of the greatest historic sites in the African continent, due to its proximity as the African hub for slave trade in the colonial era. Numerous buildings and constructions stand out to display the French colonial history as well as the gallery houses.
Destinations in Senegal
Dakar the capital of Senegal is a beautiful African city. The streets are clean, the people...
M’Bour is possibly the most important tourism destination in Senegal. About...
Located on the Grande Côte near the mouth of River Senegal in the northwest...
- Official nameRepublic of Senegal
- LocationSenegal is located in West Africa. It is externally bounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, Mauritania to the north, Mali to the east, Guinea and Guinea-Bissau to the south. It almost completely surrounds Gambia.
- Dialing code+221
- Climate weatherTropical
- Population13,635,927 on 196,722 km²
- Official languageFrench
- Other major languagesWolof, Pulaar, Jola, Mandinka
- CurrencyWest African CFA Franc (XOF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEuro (€)
- Entry requirementsVisa (Free) required. Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is only required for travelers coming from a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission or in transit from but recommended for all. (For more information, visit - www.ntb.sl)