Welcome to Republic of The Congo
The Republic of Congo is a central African country that is bordered by Cameroon, Gabon and the Central African Republic. It is actually renowned for its steamy wildlife that inhibits the dense jungles which form a major part of the country. Trekking across the jungles, you will be amazed by what nature has to offer. The big massive forest elephants, lowland gorillas and chimpanzees that swing from one branch to the other with squealing noises, the insects and butterflies which color the vegetation; Republic of Congo is one among the best tourist destination for anyone who likes wildlife fascination.
Republic of Congo holds one of the biggest forest reserves in the world, it is such an exclusive ecotourism destination that is not only famous across Africa but in the whole world. The country is yet to be known for its potential wildlife attraction, amazing weather condition and the general scenic state it offers.
The urban centers of Republic of Congo are yet another factor which will ultimately draw your attention. The basic infrastructure entails the superb nature of this town inhabited by diverse communities worth mingling with. Their culture is one you will want to associate with due to the strict traditions which invite you to a whole new world.
This country holds a great potential among central Africa inclusive of the music and the cultural dances that will leave you swinging to the rhythm of their beats. Republic of Congo is actually one among the best tourist destination that offers plenty as afar as wildlife is concerned.
Destinations in Republic of The Congo
The 20th century page of Brazzaville’s history closed with a city brutalized by colonialism, plundered...
- Official nameRepublic of The Congo
- LocationRepublic of The Congo is located in Central Africa, bordered by Gabon and Cameroon to the west; the Central African Republic to the north; the Democratic Republic of the Congo south and west; and the Angolan exclave of Cabinda to the south
- Dialing code+242
- Climate weatherTropical
- Population4,662,446 on 342,000 km²
- Official languageFrench
- Other major languagesKituba, Lingala, Bateke
- CurrencyCentral African CFA Franc (XAF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes 3 days). Some western, central and northern countries do not require visas to Republic of the Congo. (For more information, visit www.congo-site.com). Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required on arrival from all travelers over one year of age.
- Health tipsMalaria is prevalent in the Congo and a prophylaxis with Lariam, Malarone or doxycycline is recommended for all areas.
- Security adviceAlthough the Republic of Congo is still recovering from civil war, there have been far fewer serious episodes of conflict or violence since the 2003 peace accord.