Welcome to Niger
Located in the western part of Africa, very little may be known about the modern Niger in terms of its ability as a splendid tourist destination. This desert country lying in sub-Saharan Africa holds a great potential embedded in its natural iconic desert landmarks and the amazing tout free travel routes which pass through the amazing ancient caravan towns that are situated at the edge of the broad Sahara.
Extending towards the north of this country, you will be lucky to experience some stunning oasis towns and the splendor of well stark air mountains that creeps with amazing Neolithic rock art. This country could be lying in a desert but this does not in any way hinder its tourism capabilities with the potential that it holds. Among the broad and expansive sand dunes that this state is blessed with, off the Ténéré Desert, you will most likely get the fascination of your dream in this country. The deserted medieval settlements in this region as well as the dinosaur graveyards that stand spectacularly on the desert are a great way to replenish your travel.
On the south of Niger, down the town of Agadez, the ancient Trans Saharan trade manifests itself in the marvelous mazes of the spectacular mud brick architecture. Great history is in this part of the world. Moreover, nature lovers are also taken care of with the diverse wild life you will get in the parks across Niger.
The Islamic culture is rich with different cultural features that the communities in Niger exhibits. Visiting this country offers you the best scenic and relaxing mood even though it is located in the desert part of Africa; its tourist attraction is a soul-steering aspect to be considered by any traveler.
Destinations in Niger
The laid back city of Niamey stands at the crossroads of the Sahel and sub-Saharan...
- Official nameThe Republic of Niger
- LocationNiger is a landlocked country located in Western Africa, named after the Niger River. It borders Nigeria and Benin to the south, Burkina Faso and Mali to the west, Algeria and Libya to the north and Chad to the east
- Dialing code+237
- Climate weatherTropical/Hot in the South
- Population17,466,172 on 1.267 million km²
- Official languageFrench
- Other major languagesHausa, Djerma
- CurrencyWest African CFA Franc (XOF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsEU, Scandinavian countries and some of northern Africa are exempt from visas. There is no official Niger Tourist Board website but you can call their oﬃce on +227 732 447 or visit the embassy in your country for more information. Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required on arrival from all travelers over one year of age