Welcome to Namibia
Namibia is in Southern Africa and borded to the west by the Atlantic Ocean. It is the first country in the world to integrate an environmental protection into its constitution. It is a land of natural beauty and one of the producers of the finest quality diamonds.
It has very remarkable architecture observed majorly in the capital city, Windhoek, which is evidence of its German influence.
A dominant tourist attraction is the Namib Desert after which the country is named. Namib is one of the oldest deserts and it stretches limitless along the Atlantic Ocean. It has some of the highest sand dunes in the world, and the hue changes depending on the position of the Sun.
Another attraction worth visiting is the impressive Fish river canyon; it is also one of the largest canyons in the world and its gorge measures around 27km wide and 500m deep while it expanses for up to 160km.
There is no shortage of activities as travelers can go skydiving and sand boarding. Namibia is hailed a top tourist destination.
Destinations in Namibia
Swakopmund, popularly called \"Swakop\" in Namibia, is an admirable seaside resort with...
Windhoek is the capital and the largest city in Namibia, with over 250,000 inhabitants...
- Official nameThe Republic of Namibia
- LocationNamibia is a country in Southern Africa. It is bordered to the west by the Atlantic Ocean, to the north by Angola and Zambia, Botswana to the east and South Africa to the southeast
- GovernmentPresidential System, Republic
- Dialing code264
- Climate weatherTropical to Savannah
- Population2,302,732 on 825,615 km²
- Official languageEnglish
- Other major languagesGerman, Afrikaans, Oshiwambo
- CurrencyNamibian Dollar (NAD)
- Foreign currencies acceptedUSD ($), SA Rand (ZAR)
- Entry requirementsVisa required (takes less than 7 days to process). Some countries such as Angola, Germany and Botswana do not require visas to enter Namibia; Yellow Fever certiﬁcate required from visitors traveling from a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission. (For more information, visit - www.namibiatourism.com.na/pages/Visas)