Welcome to Mozambique
Mozambique – a paradise for the unsuspecting tourist and a wondrous destination for the avid traveler. Her beaches are plentiful, her waters warm. The coconut palms hang overhead, providing both shade and something to eat, but this isn’t all she has to offer. Her cities, those cultural hubs bustling with languages, trade and an abundance of activities and attractions for the adventurous soul are a must visit to appreciate the beauty of this former Portuguese colony.
Also see elephants, marine life or colourful markets in this southeastern African gem.
Visit Mozambique, you won’t regret it.
Destinations in Mozambique
Beira, the mid way port city of Mozambique is an experience for an adventurous traveler...
Referred to as the Land of Good People, a name bequeathed to it by the famous Portuguese...
“Maputo! Maputo! Home of the brave!” Miriam Makeba once sang of the capital city of...
On 22nd of February 2007, much of Vilankulo was devastated by Cyclone Favio ...
- Official nameThe republic of Mozambique
- LocationMozambique is located in southeast Africa bordered by the Indian Ocean to the east, Tanzania to the north, Malawi and Zambia to the northwest, Zimbabwe to the west, Swaziland and South Africa to the southwest.
- GovernmentPresidential System, Republic
- Dialing code+258
- Climate weatherTropical
- Population26,554,683 on 784,089 km²
- Official languagePortugese
- Other major languagesSwahili, Zulu, Makhuwa, Sena
- CurrencyMozambican New Metical (MZN)
- Foreign currencies acceptedGBP (£), EUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisas for Mozambique should be obtained in advance in your country of origin. Most nationalities can buy a 30- day single entry visa at the border or airport, with considerable delay. but we dont recommend this option. Those nationals who do not have Mozambican consular representation in their country of origin should be able to buy visas at entry points and one should expect to pay between $85 and $125 for a single entry visa. If you obtain your visa at the border, it will cost $82. Make sure you have change. Notes issused before 2006 and notes with markings are not accpted.(For more information, visit - www.inatur.org.mz).
- What to knowBest time to visit: April to September.
- Health tipsMalaria prophylaxis should be taken if visiting Mozambique. If you have visited a yellow fever infected area, be sure to bring your yellow card as proof of having had vaccine.