Welcome to Libya
Libya is one of the countries found in the northern part of Africa. It is bordered in the east by Egypt and to the southeast by Sudan. Libya is also bordered by chad and Niger to the south. It is one of the greatest North African destinations. Its main appealing factor is primarily derived from the ancient civilization, as it was the centre of several ancient activities.
This civilization led to the great Greek and Roman ruins that are in existence even up to date. The Historical sites that were left at the Libyan coast hold great potential as far as tourism is concerned. Although, the country may be located on the dessert part of the African continent, it stands out as a tourist destination with its astounding natural and ancient features that stretch out from the coast to the main land.
The Sahara desert offers Libya with exclusive desert features ranging from the spectacular sand dunes to the green oases which stand out on the extended desert. It is the best place to get a feel of the Sahara desert. Libya offers exclusive massifs adorned with prehistoric artistic art clearly displayed. The sand seas found in Libya are quite amazing.
The infrastructure of this country is unbelievable and the people of Libya will welcome you in the best way possible. Although some time back in 2012 Libya had experienced some political instability but the country has rebuilt itself magnificently to become one of the outstanding tourist destination in Africa.
Destinations in Libya
Tripoli is a city of many parts. It has a nostalgic reputation for revolution, freedom, beauty and survival.
- Official nameThe State of Libya
- LocationLibya is located in the Maghreb region of North Africa bordered by the Mediterranean Sea to the north, Egypt to the east, Sudan to the southeast, Chad and Niger to the south, and Algeria and Tunisia to the west
- GovernmentTransitional government
- Dialing code+218
- Climate weatherMediterranean to desert
- Population6,244,174 on 1,759,540km²
- Official languageArabic
- Other major languagesBerber
- CurrencyLibyan Dinar (LYD)
- Foreign currencies acceptedGBP (£), EUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes 8-14 days to process); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required only for travelers coming from a country with the risk of transmission. (For more information, visit - www.libyan-tourism.org)
- Health tipsThere are no major health risks associated with travel to Libya.
- Security adviceLibya remains unstable in the aftermath of the revolution and war that toppled the Gadaffi regime.