Welcome to Liberia
Liberia is a country situated in the western region of Africa; it’s located between Ivory Coast and Sierra Leone. It lies well on the West Africa coast and this explains why it is one of the biggest tourist destinations in West Africa. Its capital city Monrovia has a close proximity to the ocean with its wild location at the port. Other port towns in Liberia include the Buchanan and Greenville, which holds great tourist potential.
The closeness of the city to the ocean offers great sandy beaches that sprawl with amazing ocean life ensuring that you enjoy every moment you spend at various beach resorts. The temperate climate that is experienced in this part of West Africa is particularly suitable for traveling all year round. Another amazing feature besides the fancy Atlantic Ocean beaches is the Kendeja National Cultural Centre. This center climaxes the experience in Liberia; here the diverse cultural communities display all aspects of tribes, customs and ingenious Liberian traditions. You get all the experience without even having to travel all over.
With exclusive and picturesque sandy beaches, all the water sports activities make it a lighter moment for anyone who likes having fun. Boating and swimming activities ensures you enjoy antalgic waters with sunny conditions that contribute to its greatness.
For the lovers of wildlife, the major national park, Sapo National Park offers an amazing wild life viewing. The untainted tract of forest vegetation (that’s part of the national park) gives you the best viewing point for wild animals that inhabits this rich land of Liberia. Furthermore, in the city your night is well taken care of with the best restaurants and nightclubs in Africa.
Destinations in Liberia
Monrovia is the capital, chief port and largest city of Liberia. It sprawls over a narrow peninsula...
- Official nameThe Republic of Liberia
- LocationLocated in West Africa, Liberia is bordered by Sierra Leone to the west, Guinea to the north and Côte d’Ivoire to the east, with the Atlantic Ocean deﬁning its southwest border
- Dialing code+231
- Climate weatherTropical/Humid
- Population4,092,310 on 111,369km²
- Official languageEnglish
- Other major languagesLiberian Kreyol, Manding, Kru, Kisi, Gola
- CurrencyLiberian Dollar (LRD)
- Foreign currencies acceptedGBP (£), EUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes less than 7 days to process); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required on arrival from all travelers above the age of one year. (For more information, visit - www.micat.gov.lr)