Welcome to Chad
Chad is a dusty swathe country at the very center of the continent; a sun-baked country that has pride in showcasing its striking sub-Saharan scene. The country gained independence in 1960, after the departure of the French.
Chad majorly depends on subsistence agriculture, making provisions for millet, sorghum and groundnuts. One can conclude that the nation is the point of meeting of the Arabs in Africa as well as the Blacks in Africa. A developing nation that was once a slave market now turns to offer a friendly and relaxed atmosphere in respect of its traditions.
The capital of Chad remains N’Djamena, a nice and laid back destination that features the wonderful Central Market, where exists the experience of African goods. Lake Chad was among the largest freshwater lakes in the world, and still holds the striking sight to check-out. It still serves a huge economic importance, offering water to various countries around. Chad has a lot to offer when it comes to attractions, there are lots of things you can enjoy.
The series of attractions features the Zakouma National Game Park, wide collection of animals ranging from lions, elephants, and beasts to giraffes. There are also amazing mountains in this area, which can allure a person.
Hold a warm jacket if you would want to come in winter. The temperatures are favorable ranging from 20-25 Degrees Centigrade. You can decide to come along with cool clothes during summer, as the weather is very hot and increases to 45 Degrees centigrade.
Destinations in Chad
N’Djamena is the economic and commercial capital of Chad, a land-locked central African country which was once the hotbed of conflicts and rebellion in the region...
- Official nameRepublic of Chad
- LocationRepublic of Chad is a landlocked country located in Central Africa. It is bordered by Libya to the north, Sudan to the east, the Central African Republic to the south, Cameroun and Nigeria to the southwest and Niger to the west
- GovernmentPresidential system
- Dialing code+235
- Climate weatherTropical Savannah
- Population11,412,107 on 1,259,200 km²
- Official languageArabic, French
- Other major languagesChadian Arabic, Daza, Sara, Maba
- CurrencyCentral African CFA Franc.(XAF).
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes less than 7 days to process); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is only required for travelers coming from a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission but recommended for all. (For more information, visit -Ialtchad.com/tourisme)
- Health tipsChad is a malaria area and prophylaxis is recommended for all travellers; consult with your doctor to decide which malaria medication will suit you best.