Welcome to Burkina Faso
Burkina Faso formerly recognized as Upper Volta is a country cited in western Africa. It is one of the friendliest and safest countries in Africa.
Burkina Faso was formerly a French colony, and gained independence in 1960 as Upper Volta, “meaning the Land of Upright people”, which was adopted in 1984. The economy of Burkina Faso totals $28 billion in 2013, and GDP per capita equals $1,634 the same year.
Though there haven’t been many tourists patronizing it per year, it remains a fantastic destination for interested travelers in sighting an amazing West African country and exploring the culture and music of Africa.
Burkina Faso comprises of various ancient and archeological structures that depict its heritage. The attraction of the country also extends to some beautiful landscapes, waterfalls, zoological gardens, national parks and plenty rock formations.
Wildlife is a core factor of the eastern side of this country, while the central part boosts of business tourism, around Ouagadougou the capital. The northern side focuses on nomadic populations and traditions while the west on the discovery of cultural tourism.
Burkina Faso may be one of the unpopular nations of Africa in terms of travel destinations, but that’s in total contrast with the cultural and natural marvels it has to offer. The country is an amazing place to visit, with mud-built mosques, troglodyte villages, and huge elephants that dominate the setting.
Destinations in Burkina Faso
Ouagadougou is the capital of the Burkina Faso republic; it is a multifunctional...
- Official nameBurkina Faso
- LocationBurkina Faso is a land-locked country located in West Africa. It is bordered by Mali to the north, Niger to the east, Benin to the southeast, Togo and Ghana to the south and Ivory Coast to the southwest
- GovernmentParliamentary republic
- Dialing code+226
- Climate weatherTropical/warm to wet
- Population18,365,123 on 274,200 km²
- Official languageFrench
- Other major languagesMossi, Gurunsi, Mande, Dyula, Fula
- CurrencyWest African CFA Franc (XOF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes less than 7 days to process); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required on arrival from all travellers over one year of age. (For more information, visit- www.culture.gov.bf)