The Pan-African airline, ASKY is in search of a Country Manager for Gabon and another for South Africa to oversee its operations in the two separate countries.
For the position, applicants are expected to have writing capabilities in English and French; be at least between 30 to 40 years old and have postgraduate degree in commercial or sales engineering, sales force, finance, with a 5-year professional experience in business unit management.
Also required is IT proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. as well as management and excellent planning skills, and the ability to understand commercial implications of decisions, while being able to make trade-offs.
In addition to being proactive, adaptable and result oriented, a thorough understanding of political implications on commercial environment and ability to interface at all levels of diplomatic activity is also prerequisite for the role.
See below for a breakdown of the role and qualification requirements.
- Supervise and manage the overall activities of the company in the country.
- Be responsible for all aspects related to commercial, operational, legal, customer service delivery, safety and security of ASKY airlines activities in South Africa.
- Be fluent in Commercial communication, dealing with local governmental authorities, institutions and corporates, overseeing the customer service side of the airport, Airport Ticket Office (ATO) and City Ticket Office (CTO).
- Be responsible for the budget including all local costs control and revenue generation in the assigned country through the various sales channels like travel agencies, web sales, CTO and ATO sales, excess baggage, cargo etc…
- Supervise the execution of General Sales and Services Agreement (GSSA), Ground Handling Company activities as well as all contracts engaging the airline meticulously
- Supervise Airport staff and all operational activities in the country
- Carry out sales calls on travel agencies, sales partners, interlines carrier representatives and solicit other major sources of business to reach sales and revenue objectives for South Africa market
- Represent ASKY and defend its interest in the country
- Perform all administrative formalities related to flights operation.
- Supervise field sales agents and other sale persons under the responsibility of his area.
- Supervise and control the activities of the station supervisor, the staff and the various external service providers.
- Prepare the commercial action plan of the area and develop management trend charts and performance measurement of the staff in his/her area of responsibility.
- Prepares regular and periodical reports of activities in his/her station as per ASKY airlines standards.
- Be at least 30 to 40 years old
- Post graduate in commercial or sales engineering, sales force, finance,
- 5 years professional experience in business unit management;
- Languages proficiency: English and French writing capability
- Information technologies (IT) proficiency: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Management skills, excellent planning skills, proactive, ability to understand commercial implications of decisions and able to make trade-offs
- Thorough understanding of political implications on commercial environment and ability to interface at all levels of diplomatic activity
- Adaptable and result oriented
Interested persons should send their application to the following address:
BP 2988 LOME – Togo or Email:
The application must include:
- a letter of motivation
- A curriculum vitae
- A copy of birth certificate
- A copy of certificate of nationality
- Copies of all diplomas and certificates
Deadline for submission is: 13 December 2022 for Gabon applicants, and 15 December 2022 for South Africa.