Why Rwanda Should Be On Your 2017 Bucket List
I visited Rwanda recently and was thrilled to see how developed, organized and exciting this small East African country had grown to become. The people and government of Rwanda have certainly achieved giant strides in making their country hospitable for visitors despite the effects of the genocide war of the nineties. I had a great time in Kigali, Gisenyi, Cyangugu and made great friends whom I’ve been in touch with. I certainly look forward to going back someday. So if you’re thinking of a new destination to explore this year, Rwanda is surely the way to go. Among others, here are the reasons why Rwanda should come up top on your bucket list this year.
- Rwanda has an amazing road network despite its largely hilly terrain
- Beautiful road signs guiding you every step of the way
- It has a cool and functional forest conservation programme
- The art works are gorgeous
- A tea based tourism experience at the Gisakura Tea Plantation
- A creative and functional pottery factory
- Checkout the border towns to Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo
- Visit and pay homage to the souls of the departed at any of the Genocide Memorial Centres in the country
- Enjoy some boat rides on the Lake Kivu. This beautiful and expansive lake is indeed a ‘breather’ for this landlocked country.
- Experience life in the local markets
- Explore the nation’s largest cement production factory
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the landscapes, water bodies and scenery
- Engage the friendly locals
- Book a 3-day adventure on the Congo Nile Trail or Sub-trail
- Enjoy some tasty brochettes and fries on the shores of Lake Kivu
Drop your comments below and let us know what you think. You can also send in your travel stories to email@example.com and follow us on twitter, facebook and instagram.