By Maria Marandu
“KARIBU-KILIFAIR” 2019 will hold from June 7th to 9th at Friedkin Recreation Center, Arusha – formerly known as TGT grounds. This new venue gives the organizers enough space to grow the fair by 80% at that 27,000 m2 fairground.
With an improved fair layout and wider areas, the United KARIBU-KILIFAIR 2019 is presenting more exhibitor stands and buyers than ever. The organizers are expecting over 450 exhibitors from 12 countries, over 500 international travel agents/buyers from more than 50 countries and more than 5000 individual travel enthusiast and their families on the weekend.
Exhibitors and Buyers from both East African countries and International countries benefit through:
- 20% discount for those buyers using Ethiopian Airlines
- “Fam Trips” for international travel agents/buyers to get familiar with our beautiful country of Tanzania and bordering Kenya.
- Workshops and Seminars including 30 speakers from different countries presenting “hot” topics from the world of tourism.
- Excellent networking opportunities in the “Speed networking” area
- The all-new KILIFAIR App – for exhibitors, buyers & individuals.
- The well-known “Easy click” appointment platform to connect exhibitors and travel agents/buyers
- The new “Cashback” programme opportunity of US$300, for all international buyers travelling with Ethiopian Airline and who have successfully attended and been positively rated for at least 20 pre-scheduled appointments via the “Easy click” platform during the 3 days of the event.
- Exhibitors have a steady platform to meet other exhibitors and buyers and get the opportunity to sign new contracts and maintain the existing contacts.
- Buyers and exhibitors have plenty of opportunities to attend side events as well for additional networking opportunities: The official Friday evening exhibitor/buyer party, The ATTA party & Tanzania Tourism Award Gala on Saturday, as well as many smaller events and an Arusha City and Hotel Tour on Sunday.
KARIBU-KILIFAIR 2019 presents over 450 exhibitors, and among them a portfolio of 30 well-selected “Prime Resorts & Hotels” of East Africa in ONE dedicated area under one roof. The so-called “Prime Resort area” is implemented in a specially decorated 1000 m2 marquee tent for maximum business and leisure opportunities given to exhibitors and their respective visitors. A top-notch catering by Axel’s catering service, Arusha and a “free stress relief massage treatment” from Inaya Zanzibar, are just two of many amenities offered in the “Prime Resort area” – a highlight of KARIBU-KILIFAIR 2019.
KILIFAIR has boosted tourism in Tanzania by extending the means of communication between the exhibitors and travel agents through many new platforms and opportunities. The latest innovation is the KILIFAIR app. The app provides the basic and important information needed by the exhibitors, travel agents and the trade visitors themselves – for faster and better information about the event. The app is now available on Play store and Apple store.
KILIFAIR started in 2015 with 149 Exhibitors from Tanzania, Zanzibar and Kenya, attracting 145 buyers from the neighbouring countries. In 2016 the number increased in both exhibitors and buyers; exhibitors increased to 245 and the buyers to 230 and in 2017 the exhibitors were 305 and travel agents 377.
For the 2018 event exhibitors and buyers increased in large numbers again and came from all over the worldwide. The fair had 376 exhibitors from 11 countries and 461 international travel agents/buyers from 40 different countries
This year’s KARIBU-KILIFAIR is expected to witness an increase in the number of registered participants to over 450 exhibitors from 15 countries and more than 500 travel agents from East Africa and others from over 50 countries.
Let’s plan your trip together,
contact us on +234-903-000-1895 or [email protected]
There are amazing and seriously affordable travel deals here.
You can also follow us on
Or send in your travel stories, questions or comments below or via [email protected]