Abdoulie Mansally (born 27 January 1989) is a Gambian footballer who currently plays for Real Salt Lake in major league. Mansally began his career in The Gambia, graduating from the youth academy of Real de Banjul, playing in the GFA League First Division.
He was scouted by New England Revolution head coach Steve Nicol while playing in the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup, and signed with the Revolution shortly thereafter along with his Gambian teammate, Sainey Nyassi.
He made his first start for the Revolution on 29 March 2008, and scored his first MLS goal on 9 April 2008 in a game against the Kansas City Wizards.
On 3 April 2010, he had his first career multi-goal game, a brace (including his first league goal in over a year) with a pair of goals 110 seconds apart to spark New England to a 2–0 victory. He was later waived by New England on 4 May 2012.
After trials with both D.C. United and Real Salt Lake, Mansally officially signed with Salt Lake on 20 June 2012. He made his debut for the club on 4 July 2012 in a 0-0 tie against Seattle Sounders FC.
Mansally received his first call-up for the Gambia National Football Team during qualifying for the 2010 World Cup, and was an unused substitute in the home and away matches against Liberia. He earned his first cap for his country coming off the bench in a qualifier against Algeria.
Mansally went by the nickname “Kenny” for years, including for his first six seasons as a professional in MLS before dropping the nickname at the outset of the 2013 season in order to remind people of who he is and where he came from.
Mansally received his U.S green card in 2010 which qualifies him as a domestic player for MLS roster purposes.
Mansally started the Mansally Foundation based on improving the lives and the conditions of the community where he grew up. The country of Gambia is a small country in Africa where most families farm for a living. The foundation is in place to provide children from Gambia access to food, medical care, and an education to a brighter future.
Did you know:
Abdoulie Mansally received the following honours in New England Revolution
- Lamar Hunt U.S Open Cup(1): 2007
- North American SuperLiga(1): 2008
And in Real Salt Lake: Major League Soccer Western Conference Championship (1): 2013
- He was voted MLS Player Of The Week: Week 2, 2010
- He was born on the 27 January 1989 in Banjul, Gambia.
- He started his career as a youth player for the Real de Banjul from 2005-2006.
- He advanced to his senior career in same club from 2006 – 2007, then from 2007-2012 he played for the New England Revolution before his current club.
- His current playing position in his club is Forward.
- In2005 he had 3 appearances for the Gambian U17 National Team and scored 1 goal.
- In 2008 he had 8 appearances for the Gambian National Team.
- In 2007 – 2012 he had 89 appearances for his then club New England Revolution and scored 7 times.