I recently met this young man who was so distraught because his UK visa application was rejected. I pitied him and was minded to help so I invited him to my office. After speaking with him for about 3 minutes, I knew that the denial was a product of his desperation to travel. His story aligns with many others that I have handled in the course of my job as a visa consultant. Many people manufacture facts to secure a visa. Unfortunately, some travel agents complicate things for the clients by encouraging their clients to engage in all sorts of funny acts in order to secure a visa – of course, the agent gets his pay, but the client is left to nurse his/her wound after their visa had been denied.
If you are planning to apply for a UK visa, there are a few things you should avoid. I have put t0gether 10 of such things in this post. I am sure they’ll help you get a favourable consideration with the consular officer when your documents eventually get to his/her desk.
- Don’t submit false/fake documents
- Don’t bother applying if you have just received a deportation order
- Don’t bother applying if you’ve just been convicted of a crime punishable with four years or more of jail time
- You’re going to be denied if you withhold documentation of a criminal background
- You may be denied if you’ve overstayed a previous visit to the United Kingdom without just cause.
- You may be denied if you’ve submitted fraudulent documents on a previous trip to the United Kingdom
- You will be denied if you do not comply with all the application requirements
- You’ll not get the visa if you don’t have a valid passport or travel documents
- You’ll be denied if your reason for wanting to visit the United Kingdom is not genuine/valid
- You may be denied if you don’t show sufficient funds
- Note: If your statement of account shows a consistent income of about ₦200,000 and above, this will be considered a safe amount. If it is less, the embassy may not trust that you will return to Nigeria.
The above are just some of the many reasons why consular officers refuse to approve many visa applications. If you are not sure about the process and requirements, and you wish to avoid gambling, I recommend that you use a genuine visa consultant like the ones at Afro Tourism. Of course, this will cost you a little extra cash, but the peace of mind is well worth it.
Here is a list of what they’ll help you with
- Consultation and confirmation that this visa is appropriate for you
- Thorough preparation of your visa application
- An extensive checklist of documents that you need for your visa application
- Full review of your personal, financial & employment history
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself at your Consular interview
- Unlimited assistance over the phone and in person
The degree of assurance
- While it’s not in Afro Tourism’s character to give 100% assurance – since they are neither the government nor the embassy, the company, from experience, is quite certain that if you follow their instructions, you’ll get the UK visa.
To speak with Afro Tourism about UK Visa Contact: +234-903-000-1895 or [email protected].
If you are ready to travel;
Feel free to ask any further question on +234-903-000-1895 or [email protected]
There are amazing and seriously affordable travel deals here.
You can also send in your travel stories, questions or comments below or via [email protected]