Welcome to Togo
The republique de Togolaise is a country in West Africa, it is a narrow strip situated between Ghana on the west and Benin on the east, Burkina Faso on the North and about 56km of shoreline on the Atlantic Coast. There are about 40 ethnic groups in Togo as it is popularly called and the official language is French.
The different regions are blessed with their own topography. The Northern part is known for its scenic hilly environs and a great place for activities like hiking and trekking and visiting waterfalls. Togo has a decent road infrastructure so day trips are possible and many places are easily accessible.
The National parks offer a variety of wildlife to be viewed, one of which has a higher elephant population than most countries West Africa. There are several other out doors excursions to be enjoyed and some of the palm fringed white, sandy beaches are good places to relax. The Lome markets: the regular and voodoo Markets are popular points of call.
- Official nameTogolese Republic
- LocationTogo is a country in West Africa bordered by Ghana to the west, Benin to the east and Burkina Faso to the north and the Atlantic Ocean to the south
- Dialing code+228
- Climate weatherTropical to semi-arid
- Population7,154,237 on 56,785 km²
- Official languageFrench
- Other major languagesEwé, Kabyé, Mina
- CurrencyWest African CFA Franc (XOF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEuro (€)
- Entry requirementsVisa required (takes less than 7 days to process); Yellow Fever Certiﬁcate is required on arrival from all travelers over one year of age. (For more information, visit - www.togo-tourisme.com)