Welcome to Sudan
Located in the Nile valley, North Africa Sudan is an Arab country bordered by Egypt on the north and Eritrea, Red Sea and Ethiopia towards the east. The country is also bordered by South Sudan on the southern end. It could be one of the biggest African countries but little has been explored out of the greatest tourist potential that this country holds. This country offers one of the greatest tourist fascinations that is embedded in the numerous museums and the wonderful landscapes that stretch across this North African country.
At the capital Khartoum, you will find exclusive museums that are loaded with the country’s richest history and more over Omdurman camel market is the next top destination that will give you an experience like never before. This also is home to some of the greatest archeological sites, which are located at Naga, Bajrawiya, Nuri, Meroe, and many more other places across Sudan.
Another amazing tourist feature that makes this country tick is the Red Sea coastline. If you have never experienced the Red Sea then a trip to this marvelous country could be awaiting. The natural charm that explodes out of these crystal clear waters is a major way to get you going with a relaxing sensation.
For wildlife lovers, plenty of parks in Sudan would give you the best experience inclusive of the Dinder National Park which is thronged with all kind of wild life. And the last place you can never miss out in Sudan is the Jebel Marra which is full of scenic features ranging from volcanic lakes to waterfalls and lovely resorts.
Destinations in Sudan
Sudan’s capital Khartoum is the country’s second largest city and it doubles as a state with...
Omdurman is the largest city in Sudan and the Khartoum state...
- Official nameRepublic of Sudan
- LocationSudan is located in the Nile Valley of north Africa, bordered by Egypt to the north, the Red Sea, Eritrea and Ethiopia to the east, South Sudan to the south, the Central African Republic to the southwest, Chad to the west and Libya to the northwest
- GovernmentFederal Republic
- Dialing code+249
- Climate weatherTropical to Arid
- Population35,482,233 on 1,861,484 km²
- Official languageEnglish & Arabic
- Other major languagesFula, Hausa, Bedawiye
- CurrencySudanese Pound (SDG)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($), GBP (£)
- Entry requirementsVisa required (takes over 14 days to process); Yellow Fever Certiﬁcate is required only for travelers coming from a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission but recommended for all. (For more information, visit - www.sudan.net)
- Health tipsMalaria is rife, more so in the south of the country, and dengue fever occurs, so precautions against mosquito bites should be taken.
- Security adviceTravelers to Khartoum, in particular, should be aware of a heightened threat of terrorism.