Welcome to South Africa
South Africa is Africa’s top tourist destination and a visit will make it apparent.
Its rich cultural diversity makes it a hub of African culture as well as allowing insight to the bright future other African countries aspire to.
South Africa is home not only to South African culture but a center-stage to a mix of African culture.
SA as it is popularly known as, offers a beautiful blend of Western and Africa flavour that can be seen in its architecture, cuisine, art and way of life.
With internationally acclaimed accommodation, dining and activity options you will be spoilt for choice no matter where you choose to venture.
Don’t feel stuck for options; SA has a plethora of unique and diverse cities, each with something special to offer, for which you will most definitely develop a new city crush (or two).
Destinations in South Africa
Cape Town is the \"Mother city\" of South Africa, where the diverse South Africa we know...
Otherwise known as eThekwini (Zulu meaning \'bay\' or \'lagoon\'), Durban is the largest city...
Franschhoek is a small countryside in Western Cape, South Africa, where life goes on easy ride...
Hermanus is a town on the southern coast of the Western Cape province of South Africa...
Nicknamed Egoli (The City of Gold), Johannesburg or Jozi as it is affectionately known...
One of the three capital cities of South Africa, Pretoria is the administrative capital...
The lively and astir town of Richards Bay in KwaZalu-Natal, South Africa was...
Rustenburg is situated in the North West Province about 112km northwest of Johannesburg...
Just about 50 kilometres east of Cape Town is Stellenbosch, a city named after its founder...
- Official nameRepublic of South Africa
- LocationSouth Africa is located in the southern tip of Africa. It borders Namibia to the northwest, Botswana and Zimbabwe to the north, Mozambique to the northeast and both the Indian and Atlantic Oceans to its east and west respectively.
- Dialing code+270
- Climate weatherSemi Arid to Tropical
- Population48,375,645 on 1,233,404 km²
- Official languageEnglish, isiZulu, isiXhosa, Sepedi, Sesotho, Setswana, siswati, Tshivenda, Xitsonga, Afrikaans and isiNdebele
- CurrencySouth African Rand (ZAR)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€),USD ($), British pound (£)
- Entry requirementsVisa. Yellow Fever certificate is required only for travelers coming from – or in transit through – a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission. (For more information, visit - www.home-affairs.gov.za).
- What to knowIf you have children (minors) traveling with you or joining in South Africa, you will need to provide proof of guardianship or custody or Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor. Best time to visit: September to February, March to August (autumn/winter).