Welcome to Somalia
Somalia is named after Samaal, the father of the Somali people. It is located on the East African coast, on the Somali cape also known as the African horn. Ancient Egyptians refer it to as the land of Punt.
Plateaus and savannahs characterize Somalia and it has the longest shoreline in Africa thus it has several beaches. It is blessed with an assorted amount of livestock and wildlife. The aloe, candelabra and baobab trees are native to Somalia and others known to produce frankincense and myrrh.
The Camel is an important mark of symbolism in Somalia as it connotes generation of revenue, milk, transportation and meat for food.
Somali women are known for their striking beauty but sadly, this one time modest tourist destination has been besieged by conflicts and disputes.
Destinations in Somalia
- Official nameFederal Republic of Somalia
- LocationSomalia is located in the Horn of East Africa. It is bordered by Ethiopia to the west, Djibouti to the northwest, the Gulf of Aden to the north, the Indian Ocean to the east and Kenya to the southwest
- GovernmentFederal Parliamentary Republic
- Dialing code+252
- Climate weatherDesert/ Hot
- Population10,251,568 on 637,657 km²
- Official languageSomali, Arabic
- Other major languagesEnglish, Italian
- CurrencySomali Shilling (SOS).
- Foreign currencies acceptedUSD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa required (takes less than 7 days to process); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required only for travelers coming from a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission. (For more information, visit your nearest Somali embassy)