Welcome to Sierra Leone
Sierra Leone is among the African independent states that lie on the bulge of Africa, and is part of the West African region. The main capital city of this country is called Freetown. This country is one of the paradise of Africa. It is ranked among the top tourist destination in West Africa.
Sierra Leone boasts of the vibrant culture embedded in the fascinating history and the pristine palm fringed sandy beaches that are a characteristic of the stretched coastline. Although this country is still untamed and undiscovered, it has received about 100,000 tourists per year in the recent past thanks to its refreshing and thronging waterfalls, natural wildlife and the sandy beaches which are sole steering.
This West African country’s splendour is relentless with friendly welcoming people that are ready to offer you a place in the society; you can never miss to see flashy smiles across the faces of Sierra Leone people. This is a community that embraces social character of liveliness and this makes Sierra Leone one of the friendliest nations in West Africa.
Nature is the main attraction that holds this country at the top most tourist attraction brim. Mighty rivers that rumble down the plains, lush vegetation that give the green soothing scenery, big dense emerald forests that give life to the many wildlife living in this part of west Africa and the amazing landscapes, are all the recipes that combine to give this country such a beautiful and spectacular feeling. Sierra Leone has trudged through a history of civil wars to reinstate its stability that has opened a way to the unexplored attraction features.
You could be the first one to experience this part of the world’s scenic environment.
Destinations in Sierra Leone
Freetown, Sierra Leone\'s capital and largest city is accompanied by over one million...
- Official nameRepublic of Sierra Leone
- LocationSierra Leone is located in Western Africa. It is bordered by Guinea to the northeast, Liberia to the southeast and the Atlantic Ocean to the southwest
- GovernmentConstitutional Democracy
- Dialing code+232
- Climate weatherTropical/hot to humid
- Population5,743,725 on 71, 740 km²
- Official languageEnglish
- Other major languagesTemne, Krio
- CurrencySierra Leonean Leone (SLL)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($), GBP (£)
- Entry requirementsVisa required (with the exception of citizens from ECOWAS States). Electronic visa applications are also now available. Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required on arrival from all travelers. Visas can be secured at any Sierra Leone overseas missions, (For more information, visit - www.visitsierraleone.org)