Welcome to São Tomé and Príncipe
This is the second smallest country in Africa; the two small or tiny bumps of volcanic action are anchored just off the Gabon coast. If you love a quietude moment then Sao Tome and Principe is the resort for you. This country will reverse you with a pervasive mood of relaxation that anchors its atmosphere enhanced by the relaxed vibes and the Portuguese creole flavor. Don’t forget that nature is a blessing to this country and the laid-back sensation or mood largely culminates from the natural attractions and long ending sandy beaches.
The emerald forest vegetation is full of wildlife and the soaring volcanic peaks give it a thrilling moment that invites you to this tiny country in Africa. Imagine the mellow fishing villages across Sao Tome and Principe, the endemic plants, talk about the orchids which are a great deal and the spectacular bird life which give life to this tiny state.
The other fascinating feature you can bump into is the turtle and whale watching, although seasonal but can leave you with unforgettable memories and a moment to recall. Sao Tome and Principe also boasts of the cultural heritage with the heritage building and constructions that date back to the colonial times as well gems which give a rich and diverse feel of this country.
Hotels, restaurants and nature enticing lodges stretch in these small islands. They offer a great place for you to relax after enjoying the plenty that nature offers in Sao Tome and Principe. This is a country worth taking a trip to experience the great features and natural sceneries
- Official nameDemocratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe
- LocationSão Tomé and Príncipe, located in Central Africa, is an island nation in the Gulf of Guinea, oﬀ the western equatorial coast of Central Africa, just north of the Equator, and west of Gabon
- Dialing code+239
- Climate weatherTropical
- Population190,428 on 964 km²
- Official languagePortuguese
- Other major languagesSaotomense, Angolares & Principense
- CurrencySão Tomé & Príncipe Dobra (STD)
- Foreign currencies acceptedUSD ($), Euro (€)
- Entry requirementsVisa required (takes less than 7 days); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required from all travelers over one year of age. (For more information, visit - www.saotomeislands.com/visa