Welcome to Madeira
Madeira is one of the best tourist destinations for anyone who loves nature and it’s plenty. This island offers a great opportunity for hikers with its amazing set of footpaths that trawl in to the nature, the Lavadas are quite amazing with the way they cover the island. The extended sea front offers spectacular features which ranges from the exclusive sandy beaches with white sands that stretch out from Funchal to Camera de Lobos.
Besides the remarkable natural features Madeira offers, it has Michelin star hotels and restaurants where you can get traditional to modern range cuisines that are delicious. If you love trying out new dishes, then Madeira will be a perfect destination for your trip. The wild enticing lodges are also a great place to spend your quality time at; here you get an opportunity to experience the wild life and nature’s relaxation.
In the towns and cities of Madeira, you will see an amazing diverse culture of people. In Funchal the cosmopolitan environment of the streets is a great show. You can get yourself a famous and popular Madeira embroidery, wickerwork as well as wine.
Taking a tour across this spectacular island will be a breath-taking endeavor, since you will see stooping landscapes that stand out with mighty. You can as well get to enjoy outdoor activities i.e. jet skiing, scuba diving and surfing at the Coast of Madeira Island. The traditional gastronomic dishes and delicacies in flashy restaurants and hotels can be a great way to finish your day.
- Official nameMadeira
- LocationMadeira is a Portuguese archipelago that lies between and just under north of Tenerife, Canary Islands, in the North Atlantic Ocean and an outermost region of the European Union
- GovernmentAutonomous Government under Portugal
- Dialing code+351
- Climate weatherMild climate all year round
- Population263,091 on 741km²
- Official languagePortuguese
- Other major languagesEnglish
- CurrencyEuro (€)
- Foreign currencies acceptedGBP (£), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsSchengen Visa. NOTE: In some cases you may be required to go through Portugal. If you are from a country under the EU treaty then entry is free. (For more information, visit - www.madeira-tourist.com)