Welcome to Kenya
Kenya is one of the top tourist destinations that lie in the eastern part of Africa. This country holds massive tourist features that are fascinating for any traveler who embraces nature. With the blending panoramic view of the aligned broad savannas which hold an amazing wildlife; Kenya boasts of the spectacular and scenic landscapes, with mountain capes which depict the amazing picturesque that embeds it. Kenya has one of the largest wildlife thronging its massive savannahs inhabited by the thorny acacia.
Kenyan cuisines hold a significant secret hidden in the mouth-watering delicacies that you are lucky to find only in Kenya and no other place in the world. Some of these delicacies are traditional and natural dishes that blend in somehow with an original taste which makes them such a tasty delicacy. If you love trying out different traditional cuisines, then Kenya could be the ultimate destination for you.
Kenya is also a hub of entertainment and music, this country has a culture of embracing lively music which is played by various live bands, making sure that your night-out time in the capital Nairobi or any other city is well taken care of. The restaurants are simply marvelous. And Nairobi the capital beams with buildings and commercial centers that make this country an enjoyable place to spend your time.
The coastal town of Mombasa is another massive tourist place to visit while in Kenya. This city holds one of the ancient histories dating back to the Arab trade, as it was the center for trade along the coast. The town still holds some of the greatest old trading centers like Gedi ruins which are preserved for tourists. The white sandy beaches give you a pleasurable moment, together with the coastal restaurants and amazing marine parks to get your groove on. The diversity in Kenyan culture will be the last tip to make you consider it as a tourist destination.
NOTE: Effective form 1st September 2015, only the e-Visa will be available for entering into Kenya. To get it, visitors must apply in advance on https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/. Payment for the e-Visa is made using credit or debit card. The processing takes about 7 days. Yellow Fever certificate is only required for travellers coming from a country with the risk of transmission, though it is recommended for all. For more information, visit: www.tourism.go.ke
Destinations in Kenya
Lamu is a small island town with a population of about 50,000 people. Lying off Kenya’s...
Malindi is a beautiful tourist city in northern Kenya blessed with pristine beaches, exquisite hotels...
Mombasa is Kenya\'s second largest city and the commercial cum industrial hub...
Nairobi is Kenya\'s official capital and her largest city. Dubbed the “Green City in the Sun”...
- Official nameThe Republic of Kenya
- LocationKenya is located on the equator in East Africa, sharing borders with Ethiopia to the north and South Sudan to the northwest. Somalia borders the east, the Indian Ocean the southeast, while Tanzania locks the southwest, with Uganda and Lake Victoria on the west.
- GovernmentPresidential system, Representative democracy, Republic
- Dialing code+254
- Climate weatherTropical/hot/humid
- Population45,010,056 on 580,367km²
- Official languageEnglish
- Other major languagesSwahili
- CurrencyKenyan shilling (KES)
- Foreign currencies acceptedGBP (£), EUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa: e-Visa (takes less than 7 days to process) visitors must apply in advance on https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/. Payment for the e-Visa is made using credit or debit card. Yellow Fever certificate is only required for travellers coming from a country with the risk of transmission, though it is recommended for all. For more information, visit: www.tourism.go.ke NOTE: The East Africa Tourist Tri-Visa of Kenya-Rwanda-Uganda might be a better option.
- What to knowBest time to visit: January, February, and June – September