Welcome to Guinea
Guinea is an African country located on the western region of Africa on the Atlantic coast. This country is bordered by guinea Bissau, Mali and Senegal on the north while Sierra Leone and Liberia lie on the south of this country.
Guinea is the richest country in terms of its natural features. The imposing mountains and the supercilious high plateaus blend in well with the temperate climate that is a characteristic of this Great country. Mount Loura stands out with the highest peak of about 1515m alongside the Tinka Mountain. This country nourishes the major vegetation of West Africa with most rivers finding their origin from these lofty mountains.
You can never imagine the churning of the spectacular rivers which rattle down the main highlands to create a scenic and charming water flows which rumble down with excitement. The diverse topography that defines this West African state and the climate together with rich people’s culture makes the Republic of Guinea a superior tourist paradise. The unrelenting attractions and panoramic sceneries that breathe with beauty vehemently sum it all.
Guinea offers lots of attraction, besides the natural features and the diverse cultural potential. Guinea is a mother of enormous ancient historical sites and museums which expose ancient activities. The country attractiveness was exposed by the ancient explorer who termed it as “The Africa’s promised land,” this was in accordance to the beauty embedded in its rivers, plateaus, mountains and the forests full of wildlife. The republic of guinea is actually a wonderland for adventures.
Destinations in Guinea
Conakry, capital of Guinea, is a popular tourist destination in West-Africa...
- Official nameRepublic of Guinea
- LocationLocated in West Africa, Guinea shares its northern border with Guinea-Bissau, Senegal, and Mali. Côte d’Ivoire borders it to the east, Sierra Leone and Liberia the south; while the western border overlooks the Atlantic Ocean
- GovernmentPresidential system, Republic
- Dialing code+224
- Climate weatherTropical/Wet
- Population11,474,383 on 245857km²
- Official languageFrench
- Other major languagesFula, Malinke, Susu, Toma
- CurrencyGuinean Franc (GNF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes less than 7 days to process). Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required only for travelers coming from a country with the risk of transmission, but recommended for all. (For more information, visit: www.ontguinee.com)