Welcome to Guinea Bissau
Guinea Bissau is small sovereign state among in West Africa. It is located at the bulge of Africa on the north of Republic of Guinea. Its capital city is called Bissau. Although small as it seems, it is a big country with amazing and plenty of tourists attraction embedded in its natural and social features which are quite captivating.
A trip through the villages of guinea and across the capital will leave you with a thrilling feeling of ecstasy. The music displayed by the cultural communities who embrace a significant cultural taste is loud, soft and tender. The rhythmical dancing and singing of these communities, gives you a welcoming hint of the communities living in this country; quite amazing.
The food offered is mouth-watering; you can never imagine a meal of grilled oysters which are well served with spicy lime sauce, how salivating is that? The dishes are indigenous and prepared traditionally. If you like traditional dishes, here you will be served with the best dishes you will never find anywhere.
The buildings across the guinea Bissau towns still hold that ancient colonial architecture, you will love to see stooping balconies which make you enjoy every moment at the major towns of Guinea Bissau. The people here are friendly and social thus mingling with them and learning a few cultural practices is a great idea.
Guinea Bissau still prides in the ancient historic remnants and architecture which is still reserved since the Portuguese colonial times. The wildlife parks and astonishing natural features are quite eminent. Bijagos Archipelago offers the last resort with magic tourist attraction features. It holds about 18 small islands with exclusive scenic sites that are a major thrilling moment for any tourist.
Destinations in Guinea Bissau
The Bijagós Islands are probably the choice destination for tourists to Guinea-Bissau, but the capital city...
- Official nameThe Republic of Guinea Bissau
- LocationGuinea Bissau is located in West Africa, sharing her southern and eastern border with Guinea. It is bordered by Senegal to the north, while the Atlantic Ocean borders the west coast
- Dialing code+245
- Climate weatherTropical/hot to humid
- Population1,693,398 on 36,125km²
- Official languagePortuguese
- Other major languagesCréole, Fula, Balanta, Mandinka, Bijago
- CurrencyWest African CFA Franc (XOF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes less than 7 days to process). Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required on arrival from all travelers above the age of one year. (For more information, visit -www.guineabissautourism.com)