Welcome to Eritrea
The discreet, enigmatic country of Eritrea is located along the southern east coast of the Red Sea in the northeast region of Africa.
It has nine distinct tribes and each of these regions features its own unique experiences. It is a peaceful country with an intriguing history that is tinged with struggles and adversity.
Eritrea has a rich archeological heritage, an incredible, divergent landscape and topography. On one of its Island is an awe-inspiring reef connected to the Red Sea and the capital city is an architects delight as it vaunts of an impressive number of glistening edifices that recant the country’s past.
Eritrea is the place to visit if you seek a hospitable, under flogged travel location where you’ll discover new spectacles for your self.
Destinations in Eritrea
Billed as “a city above the clouds,” Asmara is set at the tip of an escarpment on the northwest...
- Official nameState of Eritrea
- LocationEritrea is located in the Horn of Africa. It is bordered by Sudan to the west, Ethiopia to the south, and Djibouti to the southeast. The northeastern and eastern parts of Eritrea have an extensive coastline along the Red Sea, across from Saudi Arabia and Yemen
- GovernmentPresidential system
- Dialing code+291
- Climate weatherSemi-arid
- Population6,380,803 on 101,000 km²
- Official languageTigrinya, English, Arabic
- Other major languagesKunama, Afar, Tigre
- CurrencyEritrean Nakfa (ERN)
- Foreign currencies acceptedUSD ($), EUR (€)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes over 14 days to process); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required only for travelers coming from a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission but recommended for all. (For more information, visit -www.eritrea.be/MoT.htm)