Welcome to Equatorial Guinea
Equatorial Guinea is one of the tiny African countries located along the coast of West Africa. This country ranks among the top 5 oil producing countries in Africa. Equatorial Guinea is bordered by Cameroon towards the north and by the famous Gabon towards the south and east. Although little is known about this country, it holds one of the greatest tourist destinations thanks to its exclusive and dynamic natural features that are breathtaking on exploration.
Equatorial Guinea hampers a great ordeal embedded in its white and black shores along the coastline, providing that scenic touch of beauty lying on the sandy beaches of the Equatorial Guinea. To add on its natural sense of fascination, the plenty wildlife living in the forests and grasslands of this country make it even livelier together with the insects, butterflies and primates which depict a whole new touch of attraction that you may only experience in this West African country.
The Bioko Island that extends beyond Malabo, offers another breathtaking experience, with its astounding volcanic views, exclusive rain forest that is inhabited by the endangered primates. On the shores of Equatorial Guinea the nesting turtles as well as fishing villages exemplify this island making it beam with beauty.
On the mainland of Equatorial Guinea you will love to trudge through the jungles-capes, forest paths that go all the way to the beach. This guarantees you an experience like never before with essential diversity and the rich peoples culture. It also offers a tropical climate which suits traveling in this region. Furthermore, the capital city flourishes in the Spanish architecture that relays its scenic state.
Destinations in Equatorial Guinea
Located on the northern coast of Bioko Island at the edge of a sunken volcano is Malabo...
- Official nameRepublic of Equatorial Guinea
- LocationEquatorial Guinea is located in Central Africa. It has two parts, an insular and a mainland region. It is bordered by Cameroon to the north and Gabon to the east and south, with ﬁve-inhabited islands scattered in the Gulf of Guinea
- GovernmentDictatorship, Unitary state, Presidential system, Republic
- Dialing code+240
- Climate weatherTropical/equatorial
- Population722,254 on 28,051 km²
- Official languageFrench, Spanish
- Other major languagesPortuguese, Bantu, Fang, Bubi
- CurrencyCentral African CFA Franc (XAF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes less than 7 days to process); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required only for travelers coming from a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission but recommended for all. (For more information, visit - www.guinea-equatorial.com/visit)
- Health tipsEquatorial Guinea is a malaria area and malaria medication is essential - consult your doctor to decide which prophylaxis will suit you best.
- Security adviceThere is little threat of terrorism in Equatorial Guinea and violent crime is rare. The overall level of criminal activity is low compared to other countries in the region, but petty crime and theft is on the rise and has become common.