Welcome to Djibouti
Djibouti is a small country in the northeast coast of the horn of Africa. It is strategically positioned between the red sea and the Indian Ocean.
This minute country can definitely hold it’s own, as it is a geological hot spot and known for its eclectic landscape. Picture volcanic highlands, coastal savannahs and an array of mountains, even ones red in colour! And Imagine visiting a location where the lake has turned dark green by black lava!
Djibouti has an interesting marine life found outside the coastlines and reef and the vast sandy beaches are a major attraction. Snorkeling and swimming will be one of the highlighted activities to this travel destination.
Destinations in Djibouti
From a little settlement founded by the French in a previously uninhabited shore of the Gulf...
- Official nameRepublic of Djibouti
- LocationDjibouti is located in the Horn of Africa. It is bordered by Eritrea in the north, Ethiopia in the west and south, and Somalia in the southeast. The Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden is formed at the east
- GovernmentSemi-presidential system, Republic
- Dialing code+253
- Climate weatherDesert
- Population810,179 on 23,180 km²
- Official languageFrench, Arabic
- Other major languagesSomali, Afar
- CurrencyDjiboutian Franc (DJF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedCongolese franc (CDF)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes less than 7 days to process); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is only required for travelers coming from a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission. (For more information, visit - www.oﬃce-tourisme.dj)