Welcome to Central African Republic
Central African Republic, just as its name reveals, is situated in the center of Africa. A nation with stupefying natural beauty and houses some of the most incredible wildlife in the world. It is among the best places to visit in Africa for forest elephant adventure, gorillas of lowland tours, and the best place to encounter butterflies. Its landscapes are filled with wide plateaus, smooth on the central side and etched at some other end.
Central African Republic dominates a land area of about 620,000 square kilometers with an estimated inhabitant of around 4.8 million as of 2014. But the country was formed by the French, and was inhabited for millennia purposes that made French men rule the country as a colony during the 19th century.
The capital of Central African Republic is Bangui, a main trade and transport center situated along the Oubangui River. The convenience of this setting makes it an essential spot for travelers on their way to encounter the amazing naturals of the country.
The cities and urban areas of the country may replay in your mind of its connection with France, but it remains the true African nation experience on its country-side. The citizens are friendly and hospitable, while their conversations remain hopeful than in despair.
The climate of Central African Republic is considered tropical, with the rainy season that runs from June through September in the north, and May through October in the southern region.
Destinations in Central African Republic
The city of Bangui was founded by the French in 1889 and takes its name from the Ubangi River (spelt Oubangui in French)...
- Official nameCentral African Republic
- LocationCentral African Republic is a landlocked country located in central Africa. It is bordered by Chad in the north, Sudan in the northeast, South Sudan in the east, Cameroun in the west, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Republic of Congo in the south
- Dialing code+236
- Climate weatherTropical
- Population5,277,959 on 622,984 km²
- Official languageFrench, Sangho
- Other major languagesUbangian, Bantu, Bongo-Bagirmi, Runga
- CurrencyCentral African CFA Franc (XAF)
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes less than 7 days to process), Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required on arrival from all travelers over nine months of age. (For more information, visit -www.centrafrique-gouv.fr/tourisme)
- Health tipsMalaria is a problem all over the Central African Republic and some form of prophylaxis is recommended for travel to all areas. Travelers should not drink tap water unless it has been boiled, filtered or chemically disinfected, and should avoid ice in beverages.
- Security adviceTravel safety in the Central African Republic is a major concern for all visitors. The country has essentially been a war zone for much of 2013 and there are reports of rebel activity, banditry and hostage-taking across the Central African Republic.