Welcome to Canary Islands
The Canary Islands are a chain of seven and six smaller islands on the west coast of North Africa. The Canaries are formed from the Spanish provinces which include Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Las Palmas Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera and Ferro. The capital is Santa Cruz de Tenerife, and the community was formed from the statue of autonomy on the10th of August 1982.
The Canaries are recorded to be conceived by at least two waves of incomers from around 3000 BC. The inhabitants were often known as Guanches, dwelling nearly isolated from the rest of the world.
The Canary Islands have the best climate where one can enjoy a fantastic holiday at any period of the year. It contains seven distinct and amazing islands, suitable for breaking from routine, boosting your batteries and revitalizing your body and mind upon leaving the destination. The sunny beaches, volcanoes, lively lifestyle and opportunity to select from wide range of activities with plenty buildings and leisure activities make most travelers want to come back.
The weather conditions are considered perfect, and the archipelago comprises of seven distinct Islands, all possessing steep and extinct volcanoes.
The popular destinations include Teide National Park, houses the tallest volcano in the world, and Maspalomas in Gran Canaria.
The Canary Islands have pleasant weather throughout the year. During the summer, it remains hot with temperatures totaling 30 Degrees. The best time to visit this amazing location is during November when temperatures fall to 20 Degrees.
- Official nameIslas Canarias
- LocationThe Canary Islands is a Spanish archipelago located just oﬀ the northwest coast of mainland Africa, 100 kilometers west of the border between Morocco and the Western Sahara
- GovernmentAutonomous City under Spain
- Dialing code+34
- Climate weatherSub-tropical
- Population2,117,519 on 7,493 km²
- Official languageSpanish
- Other major languagesEnglish
- CurrencyEUR (€)
- Foreign currencies acceptedUSD ($)
- Entry requirementsSchenghen visas apply for most travelers outside the EU, except Iceland, Norway, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, USA, Australia, Canada and Israel nationals who need no visa for visits not longer than 90 days. (For more information, visit - www.turismodecanarias.com)