Welcome to Cameroun
In the western central Africa region, exists the country of Cameroon, often referred to as the miniature of Africa, due to its diversity in culture and geology. It features both English and French speaking portions, dominated by Christians and Muslims, and houses the tallest building in West Africa alongside rain forest, desert plains, mountains, and plateaus to name few.
Cameroon bagged its independence from France in 1960, and the British Northern Cameroons became part of Nigeria. The climate of Cameroon varies from tropical on the coasts to semi-arid and hot on the northern side.
The small-sized country, with an estimated $56 billion in GDP and 26 million in population offer a lot within its territory. The largest city in Cameroon is Douala; it’s among the vital economic destination in the Central Africa.
The country possesses diverse landscape ranging from amazing tropical beaches to undaunted mountain vistas. The Atlantic coast has been a popular and scenic sailing site for a long time. The country has recently become a destination for tourists, with several attractions that give tourists the pleasure of exploring the nature, adventure and fun.
Not only does the country boost of rich wildlife, with 200 ethnic groups dominating the region, it’s also steeped in cultural heritage, handicrafts and history.
Destinations in Cameroun
Although Douala is not the capital of Cameroun, it is its largest city and commercial heart. In addition, the coastal city which sits on the...
- Official nameThe Republic of Cameroun
- LocationCameroun is located in the west central Africa region. It is bordered by Nigeria to the west, Chad to the northeast, and the Central African Republic to the east, Equatorial Guinea and the Atlantic ocean to the south-west, and the Republic of the Congo to the south
- Dialing code+237
- Climate weatherTropical savannah
- Population23,130,708 on 475,440 km².
- Official languageFrench, English
- Other major languagesBantu, Adamawa, Fulfulde, Ewondo
- CurrencyCentral African CFA Franc (XAF).
- Foreign currencies acceptedEUR (€), USD ($)
- Entry requirementsVisa (takes less than 7 days to process); Yellow Fever certiﬁcate is required on arrival from all travelers over one year of age. (For more information, visit - www.cameroun-infotourisme.com).
- Health tipsThere is a risk of malaria throughout the country and prophylaxis is recommended for all travelers.
- Security adviceMany foreign governments advise against travel to the areas bordering the Central African Republic and Chad, as well as to the area bordering Nigeria in the region of the Bakassi Peninsula.